All the courses you buy, when you need them, Please inform and I will always resend the link to you. However, You should download early and conveniently study anytime, anywhere.
Watch Varleisha Gibbs, PhD, OTD, OTR/L, renowned self-regulation expert and author for this intensive 2-day certificate training and learn clinically proven neurological approaches to addressing self-regulation in children and adolescents diagnosed with Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder, and ADHD. Knowing the underlying brain connections will help you better select and develop appropriate interventions for challenging behaviors, such as hyper-activity, hypo-activity, aggressiveness, self-stimulatory and inattentiveness.
You will walk away with neurologically tailored sensory strategies, cutting-edge treatment techniques, and sensory equipment strategies, including, mindfulness, social skill programs, music and movement, and respiratory-based techniques.
On day one, you will learn the underlying neurological components to connect the brain to clinical practice through:
- Brain dissection video wet labs, neuroanatomy, pathways, and function
- Autonomic nervous system and its connection to stress, fear, and primitive reflexes
- Video examples of children in a sensory clinic demonstrating positive outcomes when equipment is used appropriately
The second day, you will learn how to analyze and apply treatment techniques, such as:
- Activating the vagus nerve and the nervous system for regulation
- Addressing primitive reflexes and improve social skills and age appropriate behaviors
- Incorporating a mindfulness program for self-regulation
- Applying your knowledge through the use of video case studies to examine the evaluation process, treatment planning, goal development, and re-assessment of children displaying challenging social, eating, and sleeping behaviors
Whether you are an expert on the brain or new to this science, Dr. Gibbs makes it easy to understand and easy to implement. You will leave ignited by revelations exposed in Dr. Gibbs’ presentation!
- Summarize the neuroscientific research related to self-regulation and sensory processing in kids diagnosed with Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder, and ADHD.
- Differentiate between the characteristics of sensory processing disorder, ADHD and autism and articulate how the neurological processes of each disorder coincide with one another.
- Apply neurological approaches that tap into the central, autonomic, and enteric nervous systems to improve clinical intervention techniques.
- Examine the role of primitive reflexes and how they support or impede client functioning.
- Evaluate the relationship between the autonomic nervous system and behavior in clients.
- Determine the neurological responses aligned with intervention techniques to further enhance treatment planning.
- Develop appropriate clinical interventions for challenging behaviors in clients, such as hyper-activity, hypoactivity, aggressiveness, self-stimulation and inattentiveness.
- Implement music as a technique to initiate sensorial stimuli, calming and attentiveness in clients.
- Integrate a comprehensive mindfulness program to improve self-regulation in clients.
- Utilize role play activities to assess levels of arousal among clients.
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan that addresses a variety of clinical concerns, including social skills deficits, picky eating and sleeping issues.
- Implement strategies to address reciprocal regulation between the child and caregiver in order to improve clinical outcomes.
The Neuroscience Behind Self-Regulation
- A look at sensory-motor pathways
- Brain dissection video: The emotional brain and its connection to executive functioning
- Neurological dysfunction: Hyper-activity, hypo-activity, aggressiveness, self-stimulatory, and inattentiveness
Neuro and Sensory Integration: Linking to Behaviors
- Breaking down self-regulation: Sensory, cognition and emotions
- Self-regulation effects on behavior: Flapping, inflexibility, rigidity, lack of inhibition, poor social skills, risk taking
- The power of the autonomic nervous system and its connection to behavior (ie. stress, fear and primitive reflexes)
- The power of primitive reflexes and how they impede on function
- Tools and strategies for assessing primitive reflexes
Video Case Study Analyzation: Aligning Symptoms and Characteristics with Appropriate Interventions
- ADHD: Diagnosis and current treatment strategies
- Autism: Diagnosis and DSM-5® updates
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD):
- Sensory modulation disorder
- Sensory-based motor disorder
- Sensory discrimination disorder
Self-Regulation Techniques and the Vagus Nerve Connection
- Communication strategies that provide control: Symbolic and non-verbal
- Self-management and behavioral strategies: Behavioral contracts, checklist for tracking behaviors, video modeling
- Addressing picky eating and poor sleep habits: Desensitizing and non-threatening activities
- Music as a technique to initiate sensorial stimuli, calming and attentiveness
- New interventions for vestibular, proprioceptive, auditory, smell and vision work
Apply Neuroscience to Interventions: Hands-on Activities
- Neurological connection of current programs such as Brain Gym®, sensory diets, and MeMoves™, just to name a few!
- Integrate a mindfulness program for self-regulation
- Address primitive reflexes and improve social participation and age appropriate behaviors
- Tool to assess child’s arousal levels to be used for daily schedules and to organize daily interventions
Treatment Planning: Video Case Examples of Children Displaying Challenging Social, Eating and Sleep Behaviors
- Perform a virtual evaluation
- Develop a treatment plan
- Goal development
- Re-assessment: When is it needed and when to discharge
Psychoeducation for Clients and Parents
- Evidence-based intervention and techniques to address challenges with self-regulation
- Address psychosocial concerns and experiences of caregivers of children with self-regulation challenges
- Communicate methods to address reciprocal regulation between the child and caregiver to address the influences and interaction each have
Tag: 2-Day Intensive Certificate Training! Neuroscience and Self-Regulation Techniques for Kids with Autism, ADHD & Sensory Disorders – Varleisha Gibbs Review. 2-Day Intensive Certificate Training! Neuroscience and Self-Regulation Techniques for Kids with Autism, ADHD & Sensory Disorders – Varleisha Gibbs download. 2-Day Intensive Certificate Training! Neuroscience and Self-Regulation Techniques for Kids with Autism, ADHD & Sensory Disorders – Varleisha Gibbs discount.
Buy _title_bai_viet_ Course at eBokly. You will have immediate access to the digital downloads in your account or your order email.
When you purchase a course at eBokly, you will receive:
- You can find most of what you need including ebooks, courses.
- Lots of high-quality online courses.
- We share knowledge, always the best price for you.
- You will get a refund if the product is incorrect